Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 15

So I totally didn't pick out my clothes last night and today I regretted it. We had to crisis clean the house because Nate was having a couple people over to record. It wasn't nearly as bad as it usually is, it didn't take me very long to get it company ready. I however, was not ready. I did not get dressed as soon as I woke up again because of my getting over this sickness and trying to get as much sleep in as I can.

So then we had to hurry and clean. It also involved my "decluttering" the porch of it's huge mountain of trash. We have to drive our trash to dumpsters, so it's a rather involved process that doesn't happen until it is pretty bad. So I did my five minute room rescues and hot spots all this morning.

We got done cleaning just in time, but I was a total mess. I badly needed a shower and I had to be done before anyone got here so they couldn't hear the running water in the recording, lol. Then I checked my messages and someone was coming over to adopt our cat at the same time! So I had maybe 15 minutes to nurse, shower, get dressed, put my hair up and slap some makeup on. I took a little longer, but it all worked out. But it would've been faster if I didn't have to search for clothes. So I keep seeing more and more benefits to getting dressed first thing and setting out my clothes the night before. And taking time for me to shower or take a bath is something that needs to happen much more often than it actually does.

My sink is shiny again and my table is set. I even picked up my bathroom. Today's baby step is to add making my bed to my morning routine. I'll do it before I hop in tonight, and then tomorrow morning. And I'll pick out my clothes for reals this time...

Oh, and my 'me time' was that I made some yummy pumpkin pie mousse after dinner just because I wanted some and ate it with cinnamon chips and graham crackers... oh it was SO good! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment