Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 10

Why are the holidays so busy? Holy crow! I have a ton of stuff every day, I still haven't put even lights on the tree. I've been too obsessed with rearranging everything. Do you ever feel overwhelmed by stuff? I'm starting to get to the point of just wanting to throw everything away! We're definitely running out of room in our mobile home now that we have all of Liam's stuff too. 

Last night and tonight I decided to move our tree to the living room (it was in the kitchen, and we just couldn't fully enjoy it in there). That entailed moving our love seat to the kitchen, a table to a different wall in the kitchen, our long sofa to a different space/angle, a small two drawer piece of furniture and file cabinet to under the table in the kitchen (which I had to clean out under), another end table by the front door, the baby swing and jumper to another wall, our fireplace space heater... and of course when you move things you have to clean under it, put things away that were on it, etc. I can't believe how much time it's taken me! But it is feeling better. And I think I want to get rid of our love seat, we just don't have the space now that we have all these large baby things! Oh man do I want a house. 

And I have a to do list about a mile long... I try to get at least a couple things off of it everyday, but then I have to add more. It would be nice just to catch it up! I think I'll try to have someone watch the baby for a few hours a week so I can make some bigger dents. Babies take a lot more time than I expected! I love him so much, but his naps have only been 20-30 minutes lately, and 3 hours super late at night goes by really fast when you have a lot you want to get done. I wish he would take a little longer naps! Hopefully we'll get there. 

Anyway, today's baby step was to actually declutter for 15 minutes. I decluttered under that table I've been working on as my hot spot. I've been dreading it: there has been piles of stuff under there for at least a year. But you know what? It only took me 15 minutes to go through it, put away or throw away the stuff under there. That is something I am really learning, that things really don't take nearly as long as I think they will. I really am quite the perfectionist, if I can't do it 'right', why do it? Flylady keeps saying that I just need to do it now! I picked up the living room, my hot spot was the table top and our launch pad by the door. I didn't get that one totally taken care of since most of what is on there are things I need to return to people. But I think I'll stick those things in my car (once I clean it out tomorrow...) instead of just having this huge pile by the door. I also shined my sink and reset and 'shined' my dining table. I also caught up the dishes, again (lol), except the pans, which I want to do tomorrow after breakfast. 

I really need to work on doing the actual morning tasks in the morning instead of just doing everything at midnight. Maybe then I'll go to bed at a more decent hour. Well, I'm off to pick my clothes for tomorrow and go to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment