Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 12

Oops, forgot my inspiration page again. But it's after 2 am, so I'm not gonna worry about it. I went grocery shopping at 11, didn't get back until 12:30, and then I had to put everything away... it's just easier to go shopping when Liam's sleeping.

It was hard to get up today, I'm fighting a sore throat so I think I was extra tired. Even after getting a relatively good night's sleep (Liam slept 5+ hrs in a row after I went to bed... hallelujah!) I decided to nap with Liam again around 11. I slept for about an hour expecting him to only sleep for the usual 20 minutes, but he was still sleeping when I woke up, and he kept sleeping! For another hour and a half! I actually was able to do some things! So I didn't actually get dressed until about one, but hey, I have a newborn.

I did my five minute rescue in Liam's room. I decluttered the rest of my coat closet for 15 minutes and now it's all done! Hooray for knowing what's actually in there now... including roller skates we bought when we were first married and haven't touched since. Hmmm. I also have a huge bag of shoes and coats to give to the thrift store. I'm really starting to love getting rid of stuff.

I realized today that a lot of things that I have been dreading doing for forever really aren't that bad once you just start it and do it. I worked on the hot spot by my desk and it really isn't too bad. Four minutes made a big dent. It really won't take me too much longer to get rid of it. I think my biggest problem, well one of my biggest problems, is that I don't have a home for things. And I think everything is important. And I don't clean up after myself... baby steps, baby steps. I have to remember that. I'll get there one day.

I very quickly shined my sink. I got caught up on dishes yesterday only to find when I put away groceries that I have some questionable tupperwares I need to clean out from the fridge... I guess I need to get out of the mindset that the dishes will ever be "done". It's an ongoing process. At least I have a working dishwasher now. That makes things way easier.

Well I'm off to pick my clothes for my busy day tomorrow! Good night and good riddance. I need to get to bed way sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment