Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 13 & 14

Yes, yes, I skipped a day. I was gone all day Saturday and I've been feeling pretty lousy, so by the time I got home I was super overwhelmed, so I just went to bed instead. It was still really late, but earlier than usual, lol. It is a lot easier if you do some things in the morning and some things at night (that would be why I have a morning and before bed routine...). I'm still really struggling with the morning. I've never been a morning person, and since I keep going to bed so late and then waking up multiple times to nurse Liam, I'm not really getting sleep. Even when we 'wake up' at 7, I'm a zombie until at least 10 and I keep trying to go back to sleep, and then by the time we actually are really up and eat, I've got other things going on/places to be. I know getting dressed as soon as I wake up would help a lot. I think I need to go to bed a lot sooner too. Here I am venting again... I go to bed so late because it's the only time I'm really able to do anything. Liam's naps are usually only 20 minutes long, and I can't really do much when he's awake. So it's a vicious cycle. Still, maybe I could go to bed just a little earlier or something. I'll figure it out. Or I just keep doing my best until Liam's in a better sleep/nap schedule.

So I just did double today. We stayed home since I'm sick and Nate is working on his next project like crazy. I finally got the tree fluffed and most of the lights up (saved a strand for pics tomorrow). My hot spots turned into my decluttering for the day since I spent so much time on it, but now my desk is usable again. I caught up most of the dishes and shined my sink, just need to toss a few pans in the dishwasher in the morning. I also started my inspirational page for my control journal finally. I did a mission (the new baby step for yesterday): cleaning out my trash can. It wasn't as bad as I thought (I think that a lot lately). I read some Flylady emails.

The baby step for today was to learn about calendars. We have an online family one we use. I love it! If you are looking for a good family calendar go check out Cozi! It syncs with our phones and computers. I keep all of my lists on there: budget, shopping, to do... it's great. I also got a paper calendar because I'm so visual, but I haven't been great at keeping up with it. I either need to get in that habit or just only work with the online one.

The Flylady habit for this month is to pamper yourself. I was never very good at that, but I'm way worse now that I have a baby. I think I'm going to start adding that in to my day. I was "going to" take a bath tonight, but got sidetracked with a bunch of other things... so I think I'll start telling you what I do for myself everyday so that I do it. ;)

I just need to pick out my clothes for tomorrow (yet another busy day... and I wonder why I'm sick?) and I'm off to bed. I must say that I am very proud of myself. I'm not sure I've ever done anything this consistently. I've been shining my sink for almost 2 weeks. That is pretty awesome. And I really am getting a lot more done than I was. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment