Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 4

Getting dressed to my shoes and doing my makeup today helped a lot. I had a lot of errands to run and once I was dressed I actually wanted to do them rather than crawl back into bed. We had a way hard night last night. Liam woke up just before 2 am and didn't really go back to sleep until 6. Yeah, I'm tired. But we got our errands done. Liam likes to look around in the stores, I think he loves all the colors and sounds and lights... it was really cute. He did really well until our last store, so I took him out of his car seat and held him on my hip while I pushed the cart with my other hand. I don't know how people go shopping with more than one kid! lol.

I shined my sink again, all of my dishes still aren't done since we were gone a good chunk of the day, but my table is still beautiful from yesterday. It was really fun to eat on the 'nice' dishes all day. And we just washed and dried them after we ate and put them right back on the table... it took maybe 2 minutes. Probably less. It was awesome. I hope to keep it up! :) I guess I could've caught up my dishes, but I worked on Liam's room instead. It feels a lot better in there! I changed the crib sheets and folded his laundry and found homes for a few things. I'm going to try to keep him in his crib the whole night tonight. I really like to cuddle with him, but we both need to get real sleep, and it's just not working anymore.

Anyway, I do think the sink thing is helping with my perfectionism. I've been more able to see what I am accomplishing instead of stressing about all the stuff I still need to do. And it's okay to just do a little bit of something instead of trying to do it all! Like the laundry: I did just one load today instead of trying to catch it all up and getting overwhelmed and stopping halfway through.

The other baby steps for today were to read some of the emails flylady sends to me and to put up post-it notes to remind myself to get dressed and shine my sink. Done, done, and done. The emails are so motivating. And I can always use a reminder.

Here's a pic of my table from yesterday. Today I bought some more holiday-esque plates, bowls and goblets to go on the table. I still want to hang ornaments from the light fixture.... I'm having way too much fun with it! But it's helping me start to want to decorate for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment