Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 3


Today is just to keep shining my sink and getting dressed when I get up.

I did get dressed, not exactly when I woke up, but better than yesterday. I didn't put on makeup because I got a facial today! It felt great. And I cheated on my shoes and wore flip-flops... my boots that I had out didn't match and I didn't want to wear heels and my lace up shoes (which is what I'm supposed to be wearing, lol) are pink and did NOT match my red pants. And all of my other shoes are in a massive mountain in the coat closet and guess who didn't want to even try to search through that mess. Ah well, a problem for another day. I'm trying not to be a perfectionist about this process. :p

I shined my sink! I even did most of my dishes today, and it wasn't even as bad as I thought it would be. And the sink really is easy to keep clean when I don't obsess about the dirty dishes. We are getting somewhere! And I was so excited about my clean sink that I started to decorate our "holiday table". I went to a Relief Society meeting about a month ago on traditions. One of the ladies in the ward sets her table up really nice for the whole month of December. They use all the nice Christmas dishes for the whole month to make it special. I really liked that idea and cleared off our table and started decorating! I think it's helped me to start catching the Christmas bug finally. I even pulled out our actual silver silverware that we've had since before we got married and have never used. I think my husband thinks I've gone nuts, but I'm very happy with the table. And I think it will help me not stick stuff on there when I walk in the door as I tend to do. I'll be forced to actually find a home for my stuff... imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment