Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

Halloween- can I just tell you how much I love to dress up? A LOT! Hee hee. Any holiday that allows me to do so it just awesome. So we went to a masquerade a few weeks ago, we found these cool masks at a Halloween store: I had a butterfly half mask along with butterfly wings, and Nate had one of those cool, old-fashioned man-in-the-iron-mask ball/phantom masks on a stick (I actually used his mask for one of my photo projects and it turned out awesome! see pearlphotography.blogspot.com for more details...) so we dressed the same for Halloween. Except I had a different dress, because the dress I had for the masquerade was a lace up the front with cool flowy sleeves, but I got cool gloves that I hadn't gotten to wear so I wore a dress with short sleeves so I could (I know you needed that whole explanation). ;) And then my gloves split after about two hours (what can I say, they were only $7, but I was bummed anyway). Then I borrowed some gloves from my sister in law, lost my other ones, almost lost hers... I was not having luck with gloves. Maybe I should've stuck with the other dress? Well, I opened my store, and I felt bad cuz we didn't have candy until 3 or so and there were quite a few little trick or treaters that had come that morning (why weren't they in school???) I got our candy and ere were so many kids! The mall had actual trick or treating hours set up for 4-6 and I probably saw 1000 + kids in the hour before I left. It was insane! But they were adorable. And I saw so many babies... and that did not help. Holy cow am I baby hungry. So I finally made it home, we got ready and went to our best friends' house, Anne and Mahonri (they're the ones that set me and Nate up- Anne is my best friend and Mahonri is Nate's best friend, and they decided to get married. Then they decided that their best friends would make a good couple.... and they were right.) and went trick or treating with their son, Hyrum (He was elmo. He's really cute, and he's talking now. He certainly is a two year old- he loves pushin' his limits!) We stayed there for an hour or so, then went to see Nate's family (they were watching "Rocky horror picture show" which I saw two minutes of and was not impressed, so we decided to leave, and they turned it off and we had a much more fun time after that) then we went to my friend Amber's party, were there about 15 minutes... then we went to our play! Whew! So I was pretty tired by this point. The play we went to was "Nosferatu" at UVU and it was amazing! But it was the midnight showing and I was so sad because I had to force myself to stay awake, and I'd been looking forward to this for over a month! So I wished I had gone to the earlier showing instead... oh well, lessons learned. Anyway, it is based on a German vampire silent film- they created scenes on stage, with cameras moving in for close ups (it looked so good!) and actual scenes from the movie in between- I was very impressed, and it was so well done, I can't even tell you how great it was. I wish I could go again, but it's over now. Oh well. And then I had to open my store the next morning too.... yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment