Monday, November 10, 2008

20 years ago I was...

20 years ago I was...


3 years old, living in New Mexico, helping with my mom's daycare business.


10 years ago I was...
.

Thirteen, in eighth grade, crushing on Casey Mecham, a blond guy I had never even met (I was such a stalker! Well, I think we had actually met by now and were writing notes to each other). I was going to my first few dances (My mom let me go even though I wasn't 14 yet). I was wearing full on heavy duty makeup including bright blue eyeliner. I was trying to figure out who I was, who my real friends were, pushing my limits. (I remember walking out of class because they banned our backpacks because of Columbine... my teacher told me to pick my battles wisely, and that there are better ways to solve problems, it's stuck with me ever since). Oh, I remember that I had just gotten contacts for the first time and it was AWESOME. I could see!


5 years ago I was...


In my first year of college at BYU-Idaho. It was great and hard and crazy... My boyfriend had given me mono right before I left for school, so I was horribly sick for quite awhile. I had awesome roomies- Jill was my actual roommate and I was so glad to have a good friend that was willing to put up with me, lol. At this point, I had already gone through three (maybe more, I can't remember...) boys. John (that was short lived, lol), Jordan (that was just stupid), and Chris... who I thought I would marry (looking back, oh he was so not right for me). I think we had been dating for a little while. All of us roommates had just finished our self-defense class, I was still healing from my sprained ankle from falling out of bed (you should've seen our beds!), I was taking world dance, ballroom classes, psychology, ... I can't remember what else. But it was awesome. Oh the memories. I miss those days. Despite all the drama, it was so great. Great school, great opportunities, and hey I still had Gretchen then! (my great car (she died in Missouri the next summer when I was living with my sister)


3 years ago I was...


A blissfully happy newlywed (not that I'm not still blissfully happy and still acting like a newlywed...). Okay, we were probably still adjusting to each other, but I would say we had it easier than most (we sort of adjusted to each other over our long summer of performing at Mack's Inn) and we really really liked each other (that is so an understatement). We were both going to school at U of U, I was taking yoga, dance, and a intro to business thought class. Oh! I had just applied to Motherhood Maternity (my first day would be tomorrow) at Trolley Square and I was really excited to have a real job (we'd been living on the money people had given us for our wedding for the last 2 1/2 months...).


1 year ago I was...


Recovering from my miscarriage, grieving over Mary, and adjusting to our new home and living in Orem (we had really liked Salt Lake). I was finally back in school (I had decided to just work full-time to keep us floating after that one semester at the U. It was really hard on me to not be doing anything towards my goals, I got super depressed), and had gotten on the Backup Ballroom team (I was SO happy about that). I was taking a bazillion classes and really enjoying myself. I really love ballroom! I was working at the Macy's part-time (still Motherhood, just a leased dept. inside of Macy's).


So far this year...

I burnt myself out from ballroom (eight dance classes last semester) and had to take a break. I have realized that I really am not a very nice person and I very much value my privacy as well as I am very selfish with my time with my husband (all of this found out from having Nate's brother living with us: I don't want to go there as it makes me extremely angry... (let's just say 19 and about as independent as a three year old... we are NOT his parents)). I've been shuffled from Macy's in Orem to p/t at the freestanding @ university to Macy's in Cottonwood (which got shut down :( ) to fashion place and now I'm at South Towne. I've mostly just been working. Oh, I started Mary Kay, again. I still love it, just need more time! We had lots of bbques etc. over the summer. And I went to girls camp, in charge of the third years (crazy crazy girls! Cute tho). Hmmm. Now I'm in school again, lovin' it, but also struggling because I'm going full time as well as working full time, it's a bit of a push. Only a month left!!!!


Yesterday I...

Went to school all day: Geology (ooohhh how I despise that class! It's the teacher's first semester and she is so not cut out for teaching!); Yoga; Anthropology: which I should be doing homework for right now...; Photo 1: I love it! Besides having Barb- the coolest teacher ever! I'm really starting to understand basic things I never understood before and I'm having a blast! (I need to scan in my pics for my photo blog...); 2D: I got 100 on my test!

Then I was lazy and watched "Pushing Daisies" with my wonderful husband, and went to sleep at 8... meaning to take a nap, but yeah, I slept the whole night (let's just say I've been extremely sleep deprived for some time). It was great.

Today I...

Drove Nate to school, came home got ready, drove to work, worked (it was an awful day, dang stupid customers who only buy 1 sale item... Oooh that drives me crazy!... it's definitely holiday time.) It got better towards the end I suppose. Helped at Suz's store (it wouldn't let me clock in), drove home, Nate made me dinner! (he is an excellent cook!) Then rushed to Young Women's, picking up one of my little beehives (she won't come unless I physically go get her). We watched "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" which if you haven't watched you HAVE to! It was so awesome! I was highly entertained! :D And now I'm here, procrastinating my homework so I can finish my blog and check my facebook and email.

Tomorrow I will...

Go to school (I only have 1 20 minute break, which I will spend planning a presentation with my group for anthropology), Come home, change, and run fast to work my three hour shift, come home and pay my bills (it's payday!), do my homework, and hopefully have time to watch a movie or something!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your help today! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exhausted just reading about your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily, this is Jenn Cook. I just found your blog through Jana's!!
    Just so you know, you are one the nicest people I have ever met, don't say you're not a nice person!!!
    We still need to have a Mary Kay party!! Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete